It’s September, and that means two things. Football & fashion week. While I’m super pumped that football is back (college & NFL) this post will be about the latter. New York Fashion Week is here. It’s definitely a big deal in the fashion industry but if you aren’t familiar here’s a few bits of info:
- It’s a fashion girl’s dream to attend (I’ll get there one day!) & the most exciting time of the year.
- Fashion week is really more like fashion month – all the fashion weeks around the world are back to back. (London, Milan, Paris are the major weeks to follow through October 8th)
- Fashion week is always a season ahead – this September we will be seeing Spring 2016 collections.
- Buyers from the top department stores are attending the shows and make appointments to start their selection process.
- Some of the best parties between celebs, models, and designers happen during this time. Stay tuned to insta!
- Fashion notables & blogger favorites from all over the world come out during fashion month, so bring your very best.
I’ll be doing a round up of my favorite shows later this week – come back to check out what’s to come for Spring 2016.
Which brings me to today’s post. Even though I didn’t make it to New York this year, I decided to show and outfit I might wear. Tell me what you think!
My photographer Dusty Rose Darling Photography really did some great work on this one! We had so much fun with this theme, we just couldn’t stop shooting!
Share your thoughts! Is this something you could see at New York Fashion Week? What would you wear if you get the chance to go?
Until next #NYFW,
Linking up with: Pink Sole — Mahogany Closet — Style Nudge — Beauty By Miss L — Still Being Molly — I do DeClaire — Tuesday Talk — Style Nudge