Every month brings a new set of style codes to think about when shopping. Using some simple tips will help you focus and prepare for the style season ahead. August is the beginning of the transition into the new season as summer winds down. [sad day.] While Texas doesn’t really “do” fall, we still love to dress like it. Here are my style tips for August dressing.
via Straight A Style
1. Shop for pieces to transition into fall.
– Lightweight sweaters and dresses, plus layering items that you can wear with tights and booties. Cardigans in neutral colors, multiple pairs of tights, long sleeve slub knit tees are on my list.
Shop these picks:
2. Stock up on swimsuits for next year.
– Buy that swimsuit you’ve had your eye on all season. Grab bikini tops or bottoms in solids or simple prints that can mix & match with your current stash. It’s also a great time to add a coverup to your collection, kimono styles are my favorite. Try a new cut top or bikini bottom, it’s on sale right? See my picks here.
3. Travel in Style.
– Whether you’re heading back to school from summer break or taking in one last vacation before summer’s end, there are endless ways to travel in style. Chic pajama pants and big totes are my travel go-to items.
4. Finish the summer on a bold note.
– You all know I’m all about a color pop. Make the most of the sunshine by wearing the heck out of your bright colors.
5. Summer whites.
– I somehow always find myself wishing I had worn more white during the summertime. Not that you have to stick to the old adage of “no white after Labor Day” but once the weather starts to transition, so should your wardrobe color palette. Wear all your white dresses, jeans, and tops until you can’t anymore!
*Also, if you haven’t entered the giveaway trip to NYC during Fashion Week + shopping spree – go now. Click to read more & enter! Only a few days left!!*
Did you like these tips?
Let me know if this was helpful!